To celebrate the highly anticipated premiere of ThunderCats, the newest Warner Bros. Animation series on Cartoon Network, the studio has commissioned a replica Sword of Omens, Lion-O’s mythical weapon used in the series, to be given away to one lucky fan, exclusively at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2011.
• Handcrafted by the artisan Dragon of Renegade Effects Group, this replica Sword of Omens is forged of aircraft aluminum (1/3 of what steel weighs – but just as tough!) and features a hand-carved eyepiece and ThunderCats logo.
• For a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the sword, click here: www.thewb.com/comiccon/swordofomens
• Sword design taken directly from the drawings of the Warner Bros. Animation artists.
• Visit the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) to find out how you could win the Sword of Omens.
• In addition to this special prize, the Warner Bros. booth (#4545) will also be giving away free foam replicas of the Sword of Omens to fans on Friday, July 22, and Sunday, July 24.
• A world premiere screening of ThunderCats at Comic-Con will take place on Friday, July 22, at 3:30 p.m. in Room 6A. Afterward the screening, join Larry Kenney (voice of Claudus, voice of Lion-O in the original series), Emmanuelle Chriqui (voice of Cheetara), producers Michael Jelenic and Ethan Spaulding, and art director Dan Norton will for a panel discussion on the series.
• ThunderCats roars onto TV screens with an hour-long special premiere event on Friday, July 29, at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network. Following the premiere, the show will air regularly on Cartoon Network Friday nights at 8:30 p.m. ET/PT, beginning August 5.
Only the true Lord of the ThunderCats can wield the mighty Sword of Omens! And only one lucky fan will be able to win this exclusive Comic-Con replica at the Warner Bros. booth.
Must be over 18 to enter. Official Rules available at TheWB.com.
For continuing info on the Studio’s plans at Comic-Con, please visit www.thewb.com/comiccon and follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom (hashtag #WBSDCC).
Source: Press release