Witness the battle between man and machine in the gritty action epic as “Terminator Salvation” blasts its way onto Blu-ray and DVD on December 1st from Warner Home Video. The newest installment in the adrenaline-fueled hit Terminator franchise stars Christian Bale (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight) as John Connor, leader of the human resistance in a post-Judgment Day world ravaged by deadly Terminators.
The “Terminator Salvation” 2-Disc Blu-ray includes both the theatrical version (PG-13) and the Director’s Cut (Rated R) with explosive additional footage not shown in theaters. Packed with over 2 hours of spectacular bonus, the Blu-ray version features the immersive Maximum Movie Mode, an interactive viewer experience where the entire film is examined using “Walk-On” technology that enables viewers to see Director McG deconstruct key moments from the film. Also included is over 40 minutes of Picture In Picture (PiP) commentary with cast and crew, 11 mini featurette focus points, storyboard comparisons, still galleries, and a Terminator mythology timeline. Additionally, the Blu-ray contains Re-Forging the Future, a behind-the-scenes look at the film’s production, and The Moto-Terminator, a featurette revealing how the film’s visual effects crew and motorcycle manufacturer Ducati partnered to create the slick and deadly Moto-Terminators. The Blu-ray will also include a theatrical version of the film available on a Digital Copy disc.
Additional content available via BD-Live includes a compilation of 10 viral videos from the alternate reality game “Resist or Be Terminated” revealing SKYNET’s secret plans, the first episode of Terminator Salvation Machinima Series, and a digital version of Issue #1 of the Terminator Salvation official movie prequel comic. Plus, viewers can organize Live Community Screenings, and record their own commentaries using the “My Commentary” BD-Live feature.
Priced to own at an SRP of $35.99 (Blu-ray) and $28.98 (DVD), “Terminator Salvation” is the beginning of an exciting new chapter in the hit Terminator series sci-fi action fans won’t want to miss.
“Terminator Salvation” was directed by acclaimed director McG (Charlie’s Angels 1 & 2). Joining Christian Bale in the visually breathtaking fight to save the human race is an all-star cast that includes newcomer Sam Worthington (James Cameron’s Avatar), who was cast in the critical role of “Marcus Wright” after a personal recommendation from James Cameron, Bryce Dallas Howard (The Village), famed hip-hop star Common (Wanted), rising young star Anton Yelchin (Star Trek) and Helena Bonham Carter (Harry Potter).
“Terminator Salvation” was produced by Moritz Borman (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines), Derek Anderson (After the Wedding), Victor Kubicek (After the Wedding) and Jeffrey Silver (300). It was co-written by the writing team of John D. Brancato and Michael Ferris (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, The Game). The film also co-stars Jane Alexander (The Ring), Moon Bloodgood (What Just Happened?) and Michael Ironside (Total Recall). The film was released by Warner Bros. Pictures and has a run time of approximately 115 minutes. The theatrical version of the film has been rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi violence and action and language. The Director’s Cut has been rated R for some violence and brief nudity.
TERMINATOR SALVATION BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS
- Theatrical Version of the Film:
Exclusive to Blu-ray™ Content:
- Two Versions of the Film:
- Theatrical Cut (Rated PG-13)
- Director’s Cut (Rated R) – Includes explosive new footage not seen in theaters.
- “The Moto-Terminator” – See how the Terminator Salvation visual effects crew and Ducati partnered to create the slick and deadly Moto-Terminator!
- “Re-Forging the Future” – Go behind the scenes of Terminator Salvation with an exclusive set tour.
- Maximum Movie Mode featuring Director McG deconstructing the film’s key moments, 11 mini featurette focus points, over 40 minutes of Picture (PiP) commentary with cast and crew interviews, storyboard comparisons, still galleries, Terminator mythology timeline and more.
BD LIVE Content Includes:
- Compilation of 10 viral videos from the “Resist or Be Terminated” alternate reality game revealing SKYNET’s secret plans.
- The first episode of Terminator Salvation Machinima Series
- Digital version of Issue #1 of the Terminator Salvation official movie prequel comic.
Digital Copy on Disc
- Theatrical version of the film