What would you do if you got a second shot at life? Find out when “17 Again” arrives on Blu-ray and DVD on Aug. 11 from Warner Home Video. Zac Efron and Matthew Perry star in this laugh-out-loud comedy that follows one man on his journey to recapture best years of his life.
Class of 1989, Mike O’Donnell (Zac Efron) is a star on the high school basketball court with a bright future in his grasp. But instead, he decides to take a different path to share his life with his girlfriend Scarlet and the baby he just learned they are expecting.
Now, 20 years later, Mike’s (Matthew Perry) glory days are behind him. His marriage to Scarlet (Leslie Mann) has fallen apart and he has been reduced to crashing with his high school nerd-turned-techno-billionaire best friend Ned (Thomas Lennon). But Mike is given another chance when he is miraculously transformed back to the age of 17. Unfortunately, Mike may look “17 Again”, but his thirtysomething outlook is totally uncool among the class of 2009.
From Director, Burr Steers (TV’s Big Love, TV’s Weeds) “17 Again” stars Zac Efron (High School Musical films, Hairspray), Leslie Mann (Knocked Up, The 40 Year Old Virgin), Thomas Lennon (I Love You, Man, Hancock, TV’s Reno 911!), Michelle Trachtenberg (TV’s Gossip Girl, Harriet the Spy) and Golden Globe nominee Matthew Perry (TV’s Friends, TV’s Studio City on the Sunset Strip, The Whole Nine Yards).
“17 Again” will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99 and on single disc DVD for $28.98. The Combo Pack includes Blu-ray, DVD and Digital Copy of the movie.
On Aug. 11, “17 Again” will also be available ON DEMAND through Digital Cable, Satellite TV, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 game consoles and it can be downloaded for rental or purchase on iTunes and Amazon Video On Demand.
The “17 Again” Blu-ray Disc contains the following special features:
• “Breakin’ Character Outakes”: Funny cast crack ups both “on” and “off” the set.
• “Zac’s Dance Flashback”: Mix a little Zac Efron with 80’s music to see what can happen in this deleted sequence from the film.
• 13 Deleted Scenes
• “Zac Goes Back”: From learning ‘80’s dance moves, shooting hoops, and participating in a hilarious intergalactic battle scene, Zac Efron gives his insight into the film, the cast and what it is like to go from being “the nicest kid in town” to “17 Again”.
• “Going Back to 17”: Check out what the cast remembers about their own teen years and get a glimpse at some of those dreaded photos from their high school years.
• “Way Cool Tell All Trivia Track”: This fun, interactive feature will reveal all the super-secret gossip on set, little known facts about the cast and crazy tidbits on things from the 80’s. 203 pop-up facts spread across duration of film.
• BD Live:
o My Commentary from Zac Efron and Thomas Lennon
o My Commentary from the director, Burr Steers
o “Zac Attacks”: You will not believe what happens when you put Zac Efron and Tom Lennon together in a battle scene with medieval science fiction weapons.
o “Tom Lennon & Melora Hardin – Unfiltered”: Putting two comedic improv masters together, in many of the same scenes, will leave you wondering how the Director ever finished this film.