Fully awesome! For the first time ever, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment (WDSHE) makes a Blu-ray high definition release available two days before the standard def DVD. Enabling the millions of excited Blu-ray owners a chance to own the 2008 Academy Award nominated BOLT (Best Animated Feature Film) first on March 22 for a limited time only.
An exciting hit for the whole family, BOLT’s 3-Disc Blu-ray release includes two hi-def discs, and a bonus 3rd standard definition of the movie disc and special ‘DisneyFile’ Digital movie copy which enables viewers to enjoy the film in their choice of iTunes or Windows Media formats, on the go! The Standard definition 2-disc Deluxe Edition of BOLT will be available March 24.
Making it even more exciting for fans of all ages to own BOLT in high-definition, movie lovers will be amped at the fantastic Blu-ray only bonus features, including ‘Bolt’s Be-Awesome Mission’ an exclusive interactive game; an inspiring ‘Bolt Art Gallery’ which highlights the film’s breathtaking art and showcases the animation technique, and the film comes alive with the exciting Blu-ray only ‘BD-Live’ which allows viewers to enjoy ‘Movie Chat,’ ‘Movie Mail,’ ‘Movie Challenge’ and ‘Disney Movie Rewards.’ Both the Blu-ray and DVD releases of BOLT, include an exciting all-new short film, “Super Rhino” as BOLT’s breakout star Rhino, the hyperactive hamster, gets a chance to headline his very own hilarious adventure!
Rhino, the hyperactive hamster, gets a chance to headline his very own hilarious adventure! Bolt (voiced by John Travolta) is the star of the biggest show in Hollywood. The only problem is, he thinks the whole thing is real. When the super dog is accidentally shipped to New York City and separated from Penny (voiced by Miley Cyrus), his beloved co-star and owner, Bolt springs into action to find his way home. Together with his hilarious new sidekicks Rhino (voiced by Mark Walton) – Bolt’s #1 Fan – and a street-smart cat named Mittens (voiced by Susie Essman), Bolt sets off on an amazing journey where he discovers he doesn’t need super powers to be a hero.
Nominated for two Golden Globe Awards for Best Animated Feature Film and Best Original Song (“I Thought I Lost You’), BOLT features the voices of Academy Award® nominee John Travolta (nominated for Best Actor in a Leading Role for Pulp Fiction, 1994 and Saturday Night Fever, 1977) as Bolt, the wonder dog and Miley Cyrus (“Hannah Montana”) as Penny, his “person.” The stellar voice cast also includes Susie Essman (“Curb Your Enthusiasm”), Mark Walton, Malcolm McDowell (“Heroes”) and James Lipton (“Inside the Actor’s Studio”). BOLT was also produced by Pixar co-founder and CGI pioneer John Lasseter (director of Toy Story, A Bug’s Life and Cars).
BOLT ON BLU-RAY HI-DEF
The Blu-ray Hi-Def edition of BOLT includes all the exciting bonus features on the DVD, plus the standard definition DVD, plus DisneyFile Digital Copy, plus these exclusive-to-BD features:
- Bolt’s Be-Awesome Mission -In order to defeat the Green-Eyed Man, Bolt has to find his way through three challenging levels in an exciting interactive game. Viewers can join in collecting clues, conquering ninjas and unleashing the power of the Super Bark!
- Bolt Art Gallery – Animation enthusiasts can check out the film’s early creative concepts in the Bolt Art Gallery, which contains the building blocks of a big screen blockbuster, from storyboards to character mock-ups. Gallery sections include Visual Development, Character Development, Storyboard Art and Color Script Images.
- BD-Live including Movie Chat, Movie Mail, Movie Challenge and Movie Rewards
DisneyFile Digital Copy – allows movie-lovers to watch a Digital Copy while on the go!
1-DISC Standard Definition DVD BONUS FEATURES -DISC Standard Definition DVD BONUS FEATURES
Exclusive Bonus Short
- Super Rhino – BOLT breakout star Rhino, the hyperactive hamster, gets a chance to headline his very own adventure!
2-DISC Standard Definition DVD BONUS FEATURES
The 2-Disc DVD includes the 1-Disc DVD Bonus Feature plus:
Music & More
- “I Thought I Lost You” Music Video featuring the movie’s stars, Miley Cyrus and John Travolta.
- In Session with John Travolta and Miley Cyrus -A behind-the-scenes look at recording Bolt’s signature song “I Thought I Lost You.”
- A New Breed of Directors: A Filmmakers’ Journey -First-time directors Chris Williams and Byron Howard take fans along as they traverse the road from concept to completion.
- Act, Speak! The Voices of Bolt – Viewers join the voice cast in session: John Travolta (Bolt), Miley Cyrus (Penny), Susie Essman (Mittens), James Lipton (Director) and Mark Walton (Rhino).
- Creating The World of Bolt – Bolt’s painterly backgrounds have wowed audiences across the globe. The filmmakers explain how they fashioned the unique look of this CG movie. DisneyFile Digital Copy – allows movie-lovers to watch a Digital Copy while on the go!Deleted Scenes -With optional introductions by directors Chris Williams and Byron Howard.